In this last installment of the workshop for you and your family's health, I will talk on the following common Chinese herbs and food:
I'll impart the following:
- How to buy them in the cheapest way with the same benefits as expensive ones (saves at least 30%)
- Proper cooking method to avoid gout = uric acid in body
- Healing properties of these herbs/food
- When to buy to avoid Chinese New Year price hike
- Uses and applications in cooking
- How to see inferior ones + choose good ones
- Where to buy good ones in Singapore
- Insider news of these food/herbs
- Production ground of authentic food/herbs
- Proper storage of them
- Which herbs can be kept for long, which cannot
- Proper treatment before cooking
- Common soup cooking mistakes
I'll bring samples of the authentic, good and inferior grades of the above herbs for all to see, touch, smell and taste.
You're welcome to bring samples of your household's stash over for all of us to learn together, and for me to have a look.
What to bring for this class:
- Notebook + pen, or laptop
- Enough storage in your phone camera to take pictures
- A bottle of room temperature water (many food tastings that day)
- Small containers to bring back the samples home
No video or audio recorder is allowed in this workshop.
This workshop will be conducted purely in Chinese.
Address: 62 Ubi Road 1, Oxley Bizhub 2, #06-14, Singapore 408734 (how to come, click here)
Date & Time: 14/5/2017, 1pm - 4pm
Maximum seating: 20 people
Cost: SGD$100 nett
Payment mode: Internet bank transfer to confirm your seat
This will be the last Workshop I'm doing for common Herbs & Food, as it's far too expensive to hold, unless there's a very strong demand for it in future. Do register to gain informative knowledge for you and your family. :)