I decided to do this workshop 'cos I saw my student got conned by a Chinese herbal shop to buy fake aged orange peel, and fake herbs are very bad for health. In this workshop, I will talk on the following common Chinese herbs:
I'll impart the following:
- Uses and applications in daily life
- Fake and/or inferior herbs
- How to choose these herbs
- Specific shops to buy from in Singapore
- Insider news of herbs industry + in the world
- Dark sides of the herbs industry
- Production ground of authentic herbs
- Proper storage of the herbs
- Which herbs can be aged, and which cannot
- Proper treatment before cooking
- Common soup cooking mistakes
I'll briefly touch on 人参, 高丽参 & 高丽参须, and 泡参。
I'll bring samples of the authentic, good and inferior grades of the above herbs for all to see, touch, smell and taste.
You're welcome to bring samples of your household's stash over for all of us to learn together, and for me to have a look.
What to bring for this class:
- Notebook + pen, or laptop
- Enough storage in your phone camera to take pictures
No video or audio recorder is allowed in this workshop.
This workshop will be conducted purely in Chinese.
Address: 62 Ubi Road 1, Oxley Bizhub 2, #06-14, Singapore 408734 (how to come, click here)
Date & Time: 9/4/2017, 1pm - 4pm
Maximum seating: 15 people
Cost: SGD$100 nett
Payment mode: Internet bank transfer